Friday, January 23, 2009

What are friends for :)


So sitting at home minding my own business when out of the blue ring.. ring.. (that's the phone) get a call from Jeff saying he is going to his cabin to check on it after all the flooding - do I want to go? sure was my reply but little did we know an adventure was on the horizon!!

Once we arrived we drove to the front of the cabin promptly getting stuck. Now I'm of no help and Jeff is getting a bit concerned luckily he had a come-a-long in the back of his truck, go figure doesn't everybody and with a little work we got out.

We sat in a couple of chairs and laughed, ready to go started back to the truck and by this time my body is shot, strength gone. There is about ten feet to the truck and it's in snow, Jeff puts my left arm around his shoulder to help - poor guy has to bend in half not to hurt my shoulder my legs pretty much give out and all my weight is onto his neck - did not fall though.

We get to the truck door open and to climb in the truck is like climbing a vertical wall for me - we finally figure a way to get me in shut the door and head out.. as we are leaving laughing uncontrollably we both said "next time we should take the car"!!!

There is a joke though from this a little sick but what the heck...
What do call Terry with ALS when stuck?? Traction...

We had a great time, made the best of the situation and laughed - life is good...

Peace T





1 comment:

Maaja said...

i just lost mine T_T